ARGENTINA, October 19th, 2021
Argentina open its borders on November 1
From November 1, people from all over the world will be able to visit Argentina with the complete vaccination scheme.
As of today, October 19, 2021, the passenger quota for flights entering the country has been lifted. The reopening of international air transport has been highly celebrated. Not only does it restore freedom to travel, airlines will now be able to plan with greater predictability and regain the connectivity that has been lost during this time.
Having reached 54% of the population fully vaccinated and 69% with at least one dose, Argentina no longer requires antigen test upon arrival (except for those who are not vaccinated).
New safe corridors have been enabled to receive foreign passengers from neighboring countries, in the provinces of:
- Tucumán (Teniente Benjamín Matienzo” International Airport)
- Misiones (bridge connecting Posadas, Argentina with Encarnación, Paraguay and Bernardo de Yrigoyen, Argentina with Brazil)
- Entre Ríos (bridge connecting Concordia, Argentina with Salto, Uruguay)
The above points have been added to the other safe corridors that were already in operation:
- In Misiones, the Iguazú - Foz de Iguazú bridge and the Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport
- In Mendoza, "El Plumerillo" International Airport and the Cristo Redentor overland crossing to Chile.
- In Córdoba “Pajas Blancas” International Airport.
- In the Province of Buenos Aires Ezeiza International Airport and San Fernando Airport
- In Buenos Aires City Aeroparque domestic airport and the port terminals of Buquebus and Colonia Express (ferrys to Uruguay)
- In Jujuy the neighboring border crossing of La Quiaca, Argentina to Villazon, Bolivia.
In addition, from this Wednesday, October 20, the Malvinas Argentinas International Airport in Ushuaia as well as its port will start its international operation.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & PROTOCOLS
• Complete vaccination scheme, with the last application date at least 14 days prior to arrival in the country. This should be stated in the affidavit, which must be filled out electronically within 48 hours prior boarding. https://ddjj.migraciones.gob.ar/app/home.php
• Proof of negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior boarding.
• People vaccinated with the complete scheme and tested with a negative result, will be exempt from carrying out the quarantine; however, another PCR test will be taken between day 5 and 7 after arrival.
• Those who obtain positive results should remain isolated for a term of TEN (10) days, or whichever is longer as this is defined by each province/jurisdiction.
• Those people who do not present a complete vaccination scheme, including minors, are required to quarantine and take an antigen test upon arrival, followed by a PCR test on day 7.
Protocols: All activities must be carried out according to the protocols, recommendations and instructions of the health authorities: maintain social distance, ventilate rooms adequately and constantly and sanitize hands frequently.
Daily life is coming back to normal, the face mask is only required in closed spaces or crowed places. Social functions are permitted without a restricted number of people and public transport can be used without any restriction. Shops, theatres, museums, bars, restaurants and night clubs are offering their services with full capacity.
We have spent the last eighteen months preparing for this moment. All staff at Scenery Travel is double vaccinated, as are our drivers, guides, and partner staff. Safety protocols are all in place and we are ready and waiting to welcome your guests
ARGENTINA - Sep 27th, 2021
Gradual and careful opening of borders
Aiming for a safe reactivation of tourist activity, the Argentine Government has announced estimated border opening dates to be coordinated with Migrations, National Civil Aviation Association and other authorities, as follows:
September 24: Argentines, residents and foreigners who come for work are not required to quarantine on arrival.
October 1: Foreigners from neighbouring countries are allowed to enter Argentina without having to quarantine on arrival. Opening of land borders are authorized at governors’ request with safe corridors approved by the Health Authorities and an entry quota defined by each jurisdiction’s capacity.
October 1 to November 1: There will be a progressive increase in the entry quota into the country through all safe corridors, airports, ports and land borders.
November 1: All foreigners are allowed into the country with the following entry requirements:
* Complete vaccination scheme, with the last application date at least 14 days prior to arrival in the country.
* Proof of negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior boarding.
*Compulsory (negative) antigen test at the point of entry.
* PCR test taken between day 5 and 7 after arrival.
** Those people who do not present a complete vaccination scheme, including minors, are required to quarantine and take an antigen test upon arrival, followed by a PCR test on day 7.
Once 50% of Argentina´s population has completed the full vaccination scheme, the antigen test will no longer be required upon arrival (except for those who are not vaccinated) and the PCR on day 5-7 and entry quota may be lifted. Currently Argentina has 47,5% of its population with the completed vaccination scheme.
Happy 30th Birthday Scenery Travel!
January 11th, 2021
"Loving what you do is the best approximation to happiness on Earth"
Scenery Travel Service celebrates its 30 years of experience.
Back in January 1991 a dream and a mission were born, that of making it possible for travelers from all over the world to enjoy the natural and cultural wonders offered by our country: Argentina.
During this time, we have exceeded 150,000 reservations and half a million travelers thanks to the work of a magnificent team of professionals, who have grown together with us.
With successes and errors, we can say "Mission Accomplished" while, facing the challenge for change that these current times have posed to the world will be our new mission. Reinventing ourselves, innovating, and continuing to love and believe in what we do will be some of the guidelines to follow.
In 2011 we celebrated 20 years at the National Museum of Decorative Art, gathering clients from all over the world, colleagues, service providers, family members and friends with whom we shared an unforgettable party.
In 2021 circumstances have not allowed us to organize a 30 years party, but as "there is no greater pleasure than sharing" we did not want to celebrate this anniversary alone. We wanted to share it with all of you, who were, still are and will continue to be part of our adventure!
Happy Birthday Scenery Travel Service !!!!
Argentina welcomes travelers from neighboring countries
Oct 29th, 2020
As from Friday October 30, Argentina will allow the entry of tourists across its aerial borders with Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Bolivia. Uruguayans may also arrive by sea.
The city of Buenos Aires has left the peak of infections behind and continues to move forward with its plan for the gradual reopening of activities in the City. Hotels, bars, shops and restaurants are already operating, and as of Monday October 26, gyms, outdoor swimming pools and craft fairs will be allowed to reopen with the corresponding sanitary protocols.
What you need to know before boarding:
• The measure allows the entry of citizens and foreign residents of neighboring countries, as from 00:00 on Friday 10/30/2020
• Two routes of entry: Ezeiza Ministro Pistarini International Airport and Buquebus Fluvial Terminal, in the City of Buenos Aires.
• Travelers can only visit the City of Buenos Aires and its surroundings.
• Foreigners from neighboring countries who enter the Argentine national territory must present the following at immigrations:
a) An electronic affidavit that must be completed without fail within 48 hours prior to boarding
b) A negative PCR test performed up to 72 hours before arrival.
c) A medical insurance with COVID19 coverage
• The mandatory health security measures in force consisting of social distancing, temperature taking, use of chinstraps and frequent washing hands are still in full force.
Beautiful Buenos Aires is preparing to receive you!
International Flights Soft Opening
09th Oct 2020
A greater number of special international flights to and from Buenos Aires have been authorized as from October in advance of the possible full flight operation coming soon.
Aerolineas Argentinas has announced more than 65 special flights to international destinations for this month including Maimi, New York, Madrid, Lima, São Paulo, Santiago de Chile and Asuncion.
American Airlines has also confirmed daily flights between the Ezeiza international airport and Miami starting on October 7.
Other international airlines such as Air France, British Airways, Air Europa, KLM, Turkish Airlines, Ethiopian Airlines have also been authorized flights to and from Buenos Aires for various destinations. These destinations are Madrid, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Estambul, Addis Abeba and São Paulo.
As of October 25, Lufthansa will resume its flights operating from Buenos Aires on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays and from Frankfurt on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
COVID in Argentina - Sep 22nd, 2020
Government made the extension of the restriction measures official until October 11, 2020
Preventive isolation measures apply for: City of Buenos Aires and Greater Buenos Aires, Atlantic coast of the Province of Buenos Aires, city of La Rioja, and some departments of the provinces of Salta, Rio Negro, Santa Cruz, Santiago del Estero and Tierra del Fuego.
Preventive social distancing measures apply for the remaining districts of the country.
The city of Buenos Aires and Greater Buenos Aires, which has been the area most affected by the pandemic, show declining numbers, which invite some optimism. However, the same is not the case in the interior of the country, where some provinces register significant increases in cases. Provincial governments have the power to order preventive isolation for up to 14 days for those who enter their provinces, in the case of detecting risks for the spread of the virus.
What will happen to the flights?
Despite multiple expressions from different government ministers who planned to resume regular flights for October 1, the National Civil Aviation Administration (ANAC) sent a formal communication to the airlines notifying that services will continue to be suspended until October 12, forcing companies to postpone their schedules again.
Aerolineas Argentinas, JetSmart and Flybondi rescheduled their domestic services as of October 12, in line with the notification received.
On September 21 travel agents, who have been out of work for 6 months, mobilized throughout the country calling for the opening of borders, the return of domestic and international flights and the unification of protocols in the 24 Argentine provinces, among other demands.
Argentina analyzes reopening of flights for October 1st
Sep 9th, 2020
We are glad to inform that the National Ministry of Health has approved a unified sanitary protocol for the operation of both air and land transportation.
It has been raised to authorities at the Presidential Cabinet Office for their final decision to initiate operations, first of domestic flights and followed by international flights. The Government´s decision will still be tied to the health situation.
In the case of domestic flights, Provincial Governors still have the power to accept or deny the National Government´s decision, allowing or not both flights and long distance bus transport to enter their Province.
The request of the National Ministry of Transportation is that land and air transport services resume as of October 1st.
We are hoping for more good news soon, but this information is an essential step in the right direction.
Australis 2020/2021 Season Cancellation
August 12th, 2020
Despite properly preparing and establishing the necessary security protocols to avoid possible infections, the current uncertainty in the tourism industry, the restrictions for international travel, as well as the constant changes in the variables that are generated by the Covid-19 pandemic, have led Australis Cruises to make the difficult decision to cancel all its scheduled trips for the 2020-2021 season, and thus concentrate all energies to resume their operation for the next 2021-2022 season.
Main motivation to get on board an expedition cruise is to live a unique experience in an atmosphere of warmth and safety; to enjoy the spectacular nature and to live moments of peace and disconnection provided by the unspoiled landscapes of Patagonia.
Today, the uncertainty and the effects of the pandemic make it difficult to offer an experience with absolute tranquility and relaxation, without apprehensions or worries. Give us the opportunity to welcome you on board next year.
Those clients who have reservations with us for the 2020-2021 season may reschedule their cruise trip for the following season or reprogam their itineraries. We will be glad to assist you!
Patagonia Argentina & Chile
Australis confirms its first departure on December 18th
Australis is preparing to welcome back its passengers with all the necessary measures for a safe and enjoyable journey. This season only the Ventus Australis will be running, with its first departure PUQ/USH on December 18 and USH/PUQ on December 22 2020.The last departure of the season will be March 28, 2021.
Flexibility in rescheduling and cancellation policy
Australis has temporarily modified its reservation, rescheduling and other payment policies for the 2020-2021 season, according to the following:
- Reschedule trip for any date of the same season 2020-2021, without any penalty and honoring the same rates already paid regardless of whether the new date corresponds to a low or high season rate.
- Deadline for full payment of the reservation: 45 days prior to the departure date.
- Deadline to notify the rescheduling of the reservation: 45 days prior to the departure date, and without penalty fee.
- Passengers with reservations for the 2020-2021 season may request until August 30, 2020, the rescheduling of their trip to the following 2021-2022 season without paying a penalty for the change from one season to the other.
Any update or new information will be duly communicated.